Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Clothes, More Holds, & Grandma & Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa Thies and cousin Sam swung by for a visit. Eric opened his eyes and said hello to Grandma and Grandpa, which was nice of him because he sleeps a lot, unless of course he is getting changed, eating, or checking in with his nurse and doctor.





Eric really likes mommy's milk and is tolerating it well. He is now up to 18 cc's every 2 hours. He is weighing in at 2lbs 14 ounces. He enjoyings being held. He stays awake for a short time and we chat (I should really learn some lullabies), and then he falls asleep right on my chest. He is very curioius looking all around and grabbing whatever his hands come across, which is generally the nasal canula in his nose that I ever so gentily slide back in before he knows what he's done. One day I was so focused on the diaper changing that when I looked at his face I found the nasal canula in his mouth. He seemed to like it there but we put it back in his nose.








Eric is sporting his blue shirt in this photo and seems comfortable in his new duds! They get dirty pretty quickly so it looks like I will be doing a lot of little clothes laundry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give that kid a squeeze for me!! He sure is looking good :-) I'm off to put some duds in the mail so you'll have more to wash. Oh, and I may have taught your Mom how to download the pictures to her computer last night. if I did, Eric is her desktop. Next step, rock star!!
Lots of love, GA Kathy

amy said...

You two look so peaceful in these latest pictures. Fun for baby laundry! Thanks for the update.

All our best,

Amy & Denny

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,
Micky Mouse coming your way.... watch for him. Lots of Love, GA

Anonymous said...

yep,I have those little eyes peeking at me on all computers.
You look like you are settling into parenthood. You are looking
so calm and happy.
Just think what the laundry
would be like without pampers!!!
love,mom