Thursday, June 18, 2015

June CLIF BAR BaseCamp Newsletter

 Mt. Denali-Graduation Day is Here!

June was full of hellos, goodbyes, and celebration as we welcomed a new, yet familiar face, into the classroom, Abhaya Keatts! Abhaya's spunky, fun personality is a great addition to the classroom and if you haven't done so already, please don't hesitate to welcome Charles, Kate, and Abhaya into the Mt. Denali family!
Excited for new friends entering the classroom, we also had to say goodbye to a very special teacher, Ms. Keri, as she prepares for the arrival of her baby boy in July. Although we were sad to see her leave, we made sure to send her off with big hugs, warm wishes, and a list of potential baby names. Ms. Keri has been such an amazing teacher and support system throughout the year, we have no doubt she will make an amazing mother as well. We wish her the best of luck and anticipate her return in the Fall.
While Ms. Keri is out on maternity leave, we welcomed Ms. Jeanie into the classroom and couldn't be more excited! Already familiar with the children and the routine, Ms. Jeanie has jumped right in and made this transition a smooth one. We are confident that she will be a great addition to the classroom and make an amazing teacher. Welcome Ms. Jeanie!


With a month filled with hellos and goodbyes, it was time for celebration! Starting the month off with only three days until graduation, the children wasted no time getting ready for the big day, which meant practicing songs, going over dress rehearsals, and thinking about our aspirations for the future. The children sang three songs for moms and dads including the infamous "I Know my ABC's!" and two Mt. Denali originals called "Graduation Day is Here," and "I'm a Graduate!" Prior to graduation, each child was asked what they are excited about the most to learn in Kindergarten and what they will miss about Base Camp. Each response was then read as they received their diploma. Graduation was concluded with a slideshow of the graduates' journey throughout each class starting from their first day at Base Camp. Fortunately for us, this was a very special group of graduates, having transitioned all the way from Mt. Hood! Thank you to all those who came and joined us on our big day, we could not have done it without the loving support of all our families. Below, are Mt. Denali's Class of 2014 graduates along with a quote of what they are excited to learn about in Kindergarten and what they will miss about Base Camp.

"I am excited to play outside in a new place!" "I will miss playing outside at Base Camp." -Colt Hitchock"I am excited to play outside in a new place!" "I will miss playing outside at Base Camp." -Colt Hitchock
"I want to do math!" "I will miss Ms. Lisa and Ms. Keri." -Eli Dao Hoang"I want to do math!" "I will miss Ms. Lisa and Ms. Keri." -Eli Dao Hoang
"I am excited to play with legos and make robots!" "I will miss Share Day." -Reza Huemmer"I am excited to play with legos and make robots!" "I will miss Share Day." -Reza Huemmer
"I am excited to play outside in a new place!" "I will miss seeing Colt." -Lilian Briones"I am excited to play outside in a new place!" "I will miss seeing Colt." -Lilian Briones
"I am excited to learn about science!" "I will miss the toys at school." -Noah Thies"I am excited to learn about science!" "I will miss the toys at school." -Noah Thies
"I want to read more books!" "I will miss Lincoln Logs." -Taavi Walle"I want to read more books!" "I will miss Lincoln Logs." -Taavi Walle
"I want to learn more about letters!" "I will miss playing with my friends at school." -Cruz Hurston"I want to learn more about letters!" "I will miss playing with my friends at school." -Cruz Hurston

Congratulations Class of 2015! We wish you all the best in Kindergarten and may all your dreams come true!
With Love,
Ms. Lisa, Ms. Keri, and Ms. Jeanie

0 comments: