Sunday, April 17, 2011

First ski lesson & over night

A couple of weeks ago we headed about to Squaw Valley Ski resort with the CLIF gang and had a blast despite their being SO much snow that the couldn't even open a quarter of the mountain while the tried to deal with it and the fact that the wind was gusting between 30-75mph. I have never been nervous on a ski lift before that is not until I experienced what must have been 75mph gust while I was on the chair by myself. Whoooeee, it was rockin like a cradle and grab the bar.

I still managed to enjoy the snow and so did Eric. He got out on skis for his first ever formal lesson. He was a half done in the morning, Eric's high time for vigor and verve. When we dropped him off they whisked him away in a sea of snow gear, instructors and fellow classmates. His lower lip protruded out ever so slightly as did mean. "No see ya later or have a good time" just mid waiver signature and he was off.

He did great! With the truest sign of success being that he was happy and smiling when I picked up at noon and couldn't wait to get his gear back on. He was particularly excited to have his own helmet and goggles. I think that was actually the best part about the whole thing to him. It as also a bonus that he new is fellow ski classmates, Liam and Sara, from CLIF School Base Camp.

Below are some pictures of the preparations. I didn't get any of the actually skiing because heck if I was going to release my fingers from the warmth of my mittens while out there. Plus, I was busying skiing as much as I could with Aaron during Eric's class time.


There were zero complaints with the multiple layers and gear. Amazing really.
Like father, like son. Eric told me that his jacket was very "similar to Daddy's". First time I have ever heard him use the word similar. He really picks up on everything and anything we say!

"Daddy, this is how you strap on your boots. See, like me Daddy."

Eric and Logan (Base Camp buddy) tromping through the condo in our ski boots and having a great time.

During all of this action Noah was having his first overnight with Oma & Opa. This means his first night away from Eric, Momma & Dadda all at this same time. He did great and use his charming ways to work his way into Oma & Opa's California king (bed).I knew Momma wasn't the only one they couldn't resist.

Noah after we got home enjoying the water, dirt, and mud out our back door after all the heavy rains.

0 comments: