Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Four years ago today Eric began teaching me what really matters in this world. All babies are evidence of God's miracles, but preemies are touched with something even more.

When Eric was born we couldn't even imagine what he would be like today. He has an energy and enthusiasm that we can only hope to match! Watching him cruise around like a little mountain biking pro on his mini bike brings tears to my eyes because I am so proud to be his Momma and guide him on this path.

Each night I tuck him into bed and sing him Twinkle. Each night he requests one more verse which I sing (most of the time) and each night he asks me to lay down for a "little bit". I say to him, "Momma loves you." Just two weeks ago he said in a complete full sentence as he put his hand on mine, "I love you too Momma." I melted into a thousand pieces.

Happy 4th birthday to my sweet - totally Virgo - boy.

0 comments: