Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Last week, Noah's pre-school celebrated International Day of Happiness and the letter "U".  Among all the joyous activities, they explored the fantastical world of unicorns by making horns;  practiced writing U's by making happy faces; and even re-purposed our pvc pipes by making upside down U's for the garden, which will be used as a support system for their plants/vines to grow around. They also kept up with  energetic 3/4 year olds by having a dance party where were they had a robot dance off and congo'd all around the classroom to "Happy" by Pharell (clearly a new favorite song). 

Here's a gist of what was said during one of our Happy vs.Unhappy circle times..

What makes you happy? 
Reza: Valentine's Day
Noah G.: When I go with my mom and go see firetrucks and see astronauts when it flies.
Noah T.: Toys!
Taavi: When I get to ride trains...and climbing on a firetruck connected on a play structure at a park.
Lily: Daddy
Silas: Firetruck that takes away the park. That's crazy!
Colt: When I go on trips. It makes me happy.
Jax: I love firetrucks, backhoes and dump trucks!
Eli: Superhero, my birthday day!

What makes you unhappy?
Reza: First robot day makes me unhappy.
Noah G. When you fall down you might get a boo boo.
Noah T. Blood.
Taavi: When my baseball team doesn't win. My team is the Giants.
Lily: Nothing...never!
Silas: When trucks take away the park and dumps it on the ambulance and goes boing boing!
Colt: When I don't get to go on pretend firetrucks a little bit.
Jax: When I'm burning on smoke and fire!
Eli: Firetrucks, well actually...

0 comments: