Saturday, March 12, 2011

After a whirlwind week of being fully emersed in nutrition and exploring the streets of New York City and Chicago, Momma is on her way home. Yes, on her way, there is WiFi on the plane. What a world! On this trip I also discovered that I might be one of the only people left in the world that doesn't synch their work email account to their personal phone.


From what I can tell the guys had a great week with Dadda leading the charge at home. I am curious how much bacon they ate while I was away. It was after all, man-food week.

Whenever I travel for work I always mix business with pleasure to keep me busy and from missing the cuddles of my boys. This was actually my first overnights away from the little big man so I was a tad nervouso.

I pounded pavement in both New York City and Chicago. The  running route out my hotel door in New York took me right Times Square. It only took me two "smash and crashes" (to quote Eric's Truck Town book) to figure out that you can not run and gaze at the overly stimulating sites at the same time. Once I made it through that I headed to the west side to run the trail. Even in this urban jungle I had to jump over horse poop. Yuck! I ran by the building where the carriage horses live and they were hosing out there stables. I also saw some great billboards I must mention: Manhattan, where people are openly Gay and secretly Republican and the other, Larry Flynt's Hustler Club - Call Us to Arrange Your Next Company Party. I can see it now, CLIF's next company party that is.

I also soaked up Broadway seeing The Addams Family musical and scored some comp tickets from an eager ad salesmen for Phantom of the Opera. Between running, some shopping, and eating I was busy telling the world about our new CLIF KID foods. In my four days there I also squeezed some much needed girl time with Dani V.

Then it was on to sports nutrition seminars in Chicago. Between classes and meetings I managed to run up Lakeshore Drive and take in some shopping on Michigan avenue.
I am such a nutrition nerd and was excited to sip wine with the nutrition scholars who are practically celebrities in my book!

One thing I should have done more of to prepare for my re-entry into the house of my busy boys was sleep more. Regardless, I can't wait to get back and do what I do best, which is just be Momma

0 comments: